Tips for grade 4

Dear Future Year 4’s, 

I hear you’re coming up to 4LX next year.  

Here’s three things that are different from year 3to year 4.

• In year 4 you get a bit more independence because you don’t have to show you teacher every step of the way. This is good because you can learn how to be more independent and do things for yourself.

•  You first go into year 4 and you get a time limit for an activity you will think that is so short I’m never going to finish but as the year goes on you will feel like the time limits are fine because you get so much done in little amounts of time.

•  In year 4 you have a different time for lunch so you have less time between recess and lunch but more time between lunch and the end of the day.

A couple of things to look forward to are:

•  Comment Bonanza month which is where you ask your family and friends to comment on you blog and then you check how many comments you have on your blog the next day. You class will have something you purposely in a jar when you get a comment and at the end of Comment Bonanza month your class counts up all the comments the class got and then you see which class got the most and then whoever does wins. 4L has won for  3 years in a row carry on the tradition.

•  Also look forward to the nativity which is where the class writes their own script of Jesus being born and the you act it out to the parents, at the nursing home and to Mrs De Paiva.
A time I laughed was when on the to swimming intensive because everyone was singing because the bus driver put the radio on.

A time I was challenged was in maths extension and we had to convert decimals, percentages and fractions into each other.

I am proud of how much I have learnt and grown. 

I always remember Mrs Lennox saying: ‘this is our class not mine.’

I hope you have a good year next year.